Saturday, July 31, 2010

Graduation

Today was the graduation ceremony for the Nyadire Teacher's College.  The strangest part was how similar it was to our graduation.  Granted, there were parts that were very different than at home, but for the most part it was what we would expect.  All the students were wearing robes and the graduation hats with the tassel.  Since graduation is an official event, it was done in English (thankfully) so I could understand it.  

The ceremony started an hour late, which is exactly on time according to African Time.  Reverend Tsiga opened with a prayer and a handful of dignitaries gave little speeches congratulating the graduates.  The audience was divided into two halves.  On one half sat the graduates facing the stage.  Interestingly, on the other half sat the families of the graduates, but they were facing the graduates.  Like every graduation, it started late, went too long and was too hot.  Nothing really notable happened until the groups starting giving presentations.  

The first group to present was the preschool.  They each stood in front of the audience and recited nursery rhymes.  Rather than face the audience, they faced the stage.  I guess that they were presenting to the dignitaries rather than the audience.

After the ECD presentation, the primary school presented a traditional dance.  The dance was the highlight of the ceremony, or at least the part that I sat through.  Luckily, we had a camera and got a video of it.



Sorry for the poor quality, this was shot with a normal camera, not a camcorder.  Also three of the Home of Hope kids are in the dance.  Tinotenda is in the white shirt, Lindiwe is in the green and Tineshe is the boy on the left side.  I am not sure why, but Lindiwe only shows up half way through the dance.

AH.  So the video is working right now.  The internet is too slow.  Im going to try and upload it again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us via email now (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO YOU NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE? Contact PCM FINANCE GROUP! for any kind of financial needs! Are you an investor, business minded, worker, student or do you need startup funds? We offer low interest rate (3%) annual, 1 to 25 years duration and easy access of loan funds within 24 to 48 hours. Minimum amount $10,000.00 to $100,000,000.00 maximum (USD, EUR, GBP). E-mail {urgentloan22@gmail.com}We Offer Loan At A Very Low Rate Of 3%. If Interested, Kindly Contact Us Now.email us now reply to email {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes simplex been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr ubarlo but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr ubarlo, then i contacted him through his email when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for check up after one weeks of taking the medication. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for check up a , to my greatest surprise my result was negative after the treatment, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer reach him through Email drubarlohome@gmail.com OR add on whatsapp +2348119508814

    ReplyDelete