Friday, June 25, 2010

How does this work?!

So, I have never done a blog before and am still playing around and figuring out how it works.  I really wasn't planning on starting a blog, but thanks to the persistent nagging of multiple individuals, I changed my mind.  The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences from Nyadire, Zimbabwe, with you guys, the readers.  

I am in Nyadire until August 13th, so I will try and regularly update this blog and hopefully post some pictures (although my camera is refusing to cooperate, so we will see).  I am in Nyadire as part of an internship with an organization called the Nyadire Connection (TNC) back home in Pittsburgh.  For my internship I will be working with the Orphanage (Home of Hope or just HoH), creating a small micro-loan program to encourage local business and work with the new internet cafe.  Don't let the name deceive you.  The cafe is a small, blank room with a long table against a wall with 6 computers on it.  There is nothing 'Cafe' about it.  As I write right now, the power is out, which is very common. Luckily, the cafe has a generator, so we can keep the computers running.  The government has promised to keep the power on until the World Cup ends and so far they are keeping their word for the most part.  The power will hopefully be back on for the later game today. 

I am keeping this first post really short, since I am still trying to figure out how this blog works.  Please feel free to comment on my posts and leave questions.   I will try to write about what you guys want to know.  I will probably write a longer and more interesting post later tonight or tomorrow regarding my excellent adventures earlier today.

Thanks for reading!
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment